Saturday, September 29, 2012

A little bird told me.....

During the Ustream show last night, I did a demo of my paper applique technique. This project used a Tim Holtz District Market burlap panel (See below for how I altered it). We had a blast during class while the bird jokes and play on words "flew" around the chat. Here is the finished panel. The papers used were a variety of Graphic 45 papers.



Here is how I altered the panel before the show.




Cover the panel lightly with white gesso. Next, tone down the white with a coat of Walnut Stain Distress ink. Cover the surface with a mix of Antique Gold and African Bronze Guilder's Paste.
Sand lightly with a sanding block and add another coat of Walnut Stain (forgot to photograph this step).

Today, we will be trying out the New Livestream. During this Field Trip class we will be making another panel with a Macaw....

See you on Livestream.  CLICK HERE to go straight to my Livestream Channel......

Laura

12 comments:

  1. Had Birthday party and could not attend class last night (Thank you for the recording). Laura you are amazing,I have been waiting for some bird projects and this is GORGEOUS and I am going to attempt to do one and display it in my home proudly. I will be in class today, I already set myself up on live stream and it looks so good. I hope it works out for all of us. Hugs Always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing Laura! So beautiful. Lots of fun watching you put it together last night. Thanks for the finished pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That canvas is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't able to watch the whole show Friday night when you did this project....man I missed a good one! This turned out FABULOUS! This is truly a one of a kind beautiful piece of art! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was crazy fun in the chat lastnight Laura. We all were treated to a "birdseye view" of you creating this beautiful project. Thanks so much for allowing us to peek over your shoulder.
    Blessings,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh so sorry I had to miss this - it looks amazing - bet it was so much fun. What time does the class start today? I hope I can watch that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your G45 owl is awesome!!!!!! Can't wait to try this as I admired pieced quilts but only made the ones I could wash and use. So this will satisfy my wants and needs for art AND use up scraps - what a GREAT new "trail" you are leading us down! Mary Werner

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you have any Reviews, Feedback, and Complaints about any product that you received online, you can submit it here. Click on Reviews, Feedback, and Complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. Trucking cube provides Affordable Truck Moving, cheap moving truck, Lorry Truck Rentals, etc. all services safe and secure. If you want safe and secure transport services then you can contact Trucking cube.

    cheap moving truck
    Hire Truck
    Lorry Truck Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a long time, I think POECurrency is a trustworthy and reliable website, where you can buy safe and cheap POE Currency.

    link: https://www.poecurrency.com/

    ReplyDelete